Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened today .... issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened today .... issue

OK, we pulled the cover off the pool. In doing so we dumped all the lovely algae water and leaves into the remotely clear pool.
    Now I have to decide whether to drain it and eat the water cost or run the pump to clean it all out via the circulation system.

Any thoughts on how low I can drain an AGP without worry.
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened today .... issue

Was the water on top of the cover green and slimy, or just dirty?
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Is there some reason you can"t just kill it with bleach and filter out the dead stuff? SLAM
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Water was Green and Slimey,

The cost of the bleach could out weigh the cost of the refill. Pool never got yucky last year so I didn't have to do any SLAMS just daily maint..
    12x24 Doughboy. 8700 gallons~ 2 HP Dyanmo Pump~ 26" Sand Dollar Filter~TF 100 test kit~ Zodiac Ranger AGP automatic cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by heavyweight_4u View Post
    Water was Green and Slimey,

The cost of the bleach could out weigh the cost of the refill. Pool never got yucky last year so I didn't have to do any SLAMS just daily maint..
    You're going to have to do a SLAM this year no matter what. You'll need to leave at least a foot of water in that pool so the liner doesn't wrinkle. My suggestion is to feed a garden hose or a vacuum hose into the pool slowly so it fills with water, cap the end, and haul it out to start a siphon.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

I was prepared to SLAM after uncovering, but assuming draining more water and replacing some with clean would potentially lessen the length of SLAM needed, Its pretty swamp like right now after the dump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Opened today .... issue

If it was just the green water from the cover it may not take much to clear it.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

The only way I'd drain an AGP is if I'm replacing the liner.

I vote for scooping & SLAMing the pool.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Can you post a pic?
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

10. Back To Top    #10

Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Bleach and filter, you'll be back to blue in no time! The cover blew off my 12 x 28 Doughboy in a storm and the water was practically black and smelled like a fish tank. I have a pic in my "24 Egg Pool" thread.
    12 x 28 Doughboy Dinosaur (j/k: Breckenridge) partial bury, continuous depth 9,000gal. Doughboy Power Pak I digital 1hp pump, Hayward Pro-Series 300lb sand filter. Foam panel base, Gladon wall foam, Gladon cove.