Intellichlor IC40 attached to Easy Touch Control Panel

Apr 23, 2014
North Carolina
Good afternoon -

I am a new pool owner through the virtue of purchasing a home that had an existing pool. Neither me or my wife know anything about pools so here I am. The pool and related equipment is approximately 5 years old and the system appears to be all Pentair products. We have a Intellichlor IC40 SWG connected to an Easy Touch control panel. Up until earlier today everything appeared to be working correctly.

I had a gentleman come out today to do some maintenance on the pool and while doing so he turned off the breakers in the Easy Touch Control Panel. Now that they have all been turned back on, the IC40 is not functioning at all. No lights are on and the light on the Control Panel is not illuminated. The small circuit breaker button does not appear to be tripped and the cords/wires have not been touched. It sure seems like there is no power getting to the device but I cannot understand why. Also, when I go into the settings on the Control Panel and look at the Chlorine generator it has a message that says something like "not communicating" and "may wait 5 minutes." These may not be the exact words but hopefully someone that has experience with this particular combination will know what I am referring to. Oh yeah, everything else appears to be working correctly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what may have taken place? Thanks very much!

It sounds like the power supply for the SWG is not getting AC power, or has blown a fuse (less likely). I would test the AC power connection at the SWG power supply with a multi-meter to make sure power is present, and if not trace it back to see where the fault is. If power is present, there are a couple of fuses inside the power supply that need to be checked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.