Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY build begins in TN

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY build begins in TN

Some of you saw my previous post started last fall for the planning of our DIY build. The pool kits has been ordered and will be delivered on Friday. The dig was scheduled for Monday but with rain in the forecast I am hoping they can squeeze it in Saturday. We can hardly wait to have it finished and be swimming. Here are the pics of where it is starting to the deck being removed.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

DIY build begins in TN

And the final product[IMG]

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: DIY build begins in TN

Today was productive, I got the grading done before dark and the walls and steps were delivered.

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep the pics coming! Good Luck!!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Excavation was in full swing today but we hit rock in the hopper and will have to get finished next week.

6. Back To Top    #6

Keep the pics coming!

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm second guessing myself with the plumbing, any feedback would be appreciated.
    There will be 3 returns down 1 side of the pool, should they all be individual 2" runs to the pump pad?
    steps jets in the steps at both ends, can each pair be tied together and ran 2' back to pad?
    2 Skimmers opposite side of returns, 2" run each back to pad?
    2 deck jets, thinking these both need to run all the way back so we can adjust if needed? 1 1/2" ?

8. Back To Top    #8

A picture of the rocks

9. Back To Top    #9

Now we wait for the water to drain after 5" of rain on Monday and Tuesday, travertine arrived today though

10. Back To Top    #10

Progress this week on the patio and on the pool today

11. Back To Top    #11

You're moving right along!

12. Back To Top    #12

This is looking great!

There will be 3 returns down 1 side of the pool, should they all be individual 2" runs to the pump pad? I think 1 run of 2" would be ok for all 3 returns.
    steps jets in the steps at both ends, can each pair be tied together and ran 2' back to pad? Yes, I think they can be.
    2 Skimmers opposite side of returns, 2" run each back to pad? I only have one skimmer, but I think 1 run would be ok.
    2 deck jets, thinking these both need to run all the way back so we can adjust if needed? 1 1/2" ? Deck jets need to be a continuous loop around the pool. Running them back individually certainly will work, and will work better giving you flexibility to adjust each one but mine (4) are on 1 run of 2" all the way around.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks good, keep the pictures coming.

............................................................ ........................
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover
    ............................................................ ........................

14. Back To Top    #14

Not much visually has changed but we got the concrete collar poured, it was the hottest day yet this year and 8 yards of concrete was not easy. Also had 46ton of rock delivered for the fill and patio base. Hopefully start plumbing tomorrow.

15. Back To Top    #15

Good Luck with your plumbing! Hope it cools down enough to work comfortably outside instead of being miserable.

16. Back To Top    #16

Plumbing is just about complete, found a couple small drips to fix, I have a PB scheduled for Thursday to finish the bottomed and help with wiring and bonding. Hopefully we will have water in for the weekend.

17. Back To Top    #17

Bottom was done this morning, dropping the liner in tomorrow.

18. Back To Top    #18

We had to wait a couple days for the liner but it was dropped in this evening and started the water running, I also got a good bit done on the addition.

19. Back To Top    #19

We enjoyed swimming this weekend, still waiting for the pump to be connected but have been keeping it clean and keeping the chlorine level up with bleach. A lot has been done on the patio and bath.

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Looking real good... Love the liner...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast