Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Couple of questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Couple of questions

Love following TFP care. My pool is crystal clear. I do have a few questions. One regarding the dreaded CYA test. I know if the water is cool it should be at room temp before testing...crazy thing is when I test mine at room temp I get a lower reading. 40 instead of 50. Shouldn't it opposite?

Next question re attached pics...before following TFP I was using the pucks and also dumping whatever Leslie's told me too. They also told me last year I had a high cooper level. My naturally platinum hair also turned yellow. After dumping all sorts of nasty stuff they told me to this year my liner looks yellow in spots. Could that be cooper. I've brushed and brushed. It also looks bleached out in spots. If it's just stained I won't worry as long as the liner is in good shape. How would I know if it's cooper? Also in pics my liner has come out of the track in 2 spots. I've read hot water can be used but any good tips? Including test results in case you ask.

FC 5
    CC 0
    TC 5
    TA 100
    CH 125
    CYA 40 - 50 (40 at room temp)
    image.jpg

I exceeded my photo limit so I'll try using photobucket in photo of liner coming out of track
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Couple of questions

The CYA test is +-15 at best, so those results are essentially equivalent to each other. Cold water doesn't guarantee you will get an incorrect CYA result, that only happens sometimes.

Copper would not turn hair yellow, nor make yellow spots on the liner. Iron might do that (yellow or brown stains/hair), but not copper. Copper turns hair green, and leaves gray, black, or green spots on liners.

It is difficult to tell from the picture is all we are seeing is shadows from trees, or if there is staining on the liner. If any of it is staining, it doesn't look yellow.

Try putting a vitamin C tablet on one of the stained areas until it dissolves and see if anything happens.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you do the CYA test indoors after you let it warm up? That lower light level could account for it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've been so aggravated because I couldn't load my pics and just got photobucket to work. I'm gonna include some links for possible better pics. richard320 no I tested outside back to the sun. Crazy that it happens everytime I test it at warmer temp I get a lower reading. Average sounds good to me. Gotta go find me a Vitimin c pill

If you look to the bottom right corner of the pool, you can see a nice clean whiter area..the surrounding area is yellow
    http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c4e3edd.jpg
    http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps40103c4c.jpg

Liner coming out of track

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2979e42c.jpg
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

5. Back To Top    #5

Check out this so we do not have to click on links: How To Post Pictures
    Your IMG tags are missing in the ones you just provided.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Well sucks......I'll go read it. Sorry guys....
    Montgomery, AL

7. Back To Top    #7

Ahaaaa, I was selecting the wrong link. If you look at the very bottom of the pool you'll notice the bottom edge is clear and bright. The rest has a yellow tint. Other pic is of my liner coming out of track.
    URL=http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/smforte1/media/imagejpg8_zps2979e42c.jpg.html][/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

URL=http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/smforte1/media/imagejpg6_zps7c4e3edd.jpg.html][/URL]
    Montgomery, AL

8. Back To Top    #8

You got it. But, somehow are missing the [ in front of the "URL=" ... although in reality you do not need that URL portion at all.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Prob cause I'm trying to do it on my iPad...PITA!
    Montgomery, AL