amo4lsu, New to TFP Forum

Apr 22, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Can't thank y'all enough for the incredible, honest information and advice that is offered in this forum.

Our pool was constructed Sept. 2011 and and for the first 2 3/4 years the pool water quality was great, but now we're beginning to experience a few of the issues that are the result of using the 'pucks and granules' method. Yesterday I ordered my TF-100 Test Kit and I'm 'all-in' on the TFPC method, which I should start this weekend.

In my signature I state my pool uses an in-line Nature2 mineral sanitizer. Will this have a negative effect on the water quality when used in conjunction with the TFPC method? (I don't think it will, just wanted an expert opinion).

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

With a quick search of the forum you will find that we NEVER recommend using a mineral system regardless of the methods you use to maintain adequate FC.

If the mineral levels get too high in the pool you can get ugly staining which is very difficult to remove and can turn your hair green. Plus they refills are expensive and really provide no real benefit if adequate FC levels are maintained.

Thanks for the welcome messages.

TF-100 Test Kit arrived!

My pool water is clear, but I've been fighting 'the Mustard' since the end of last season due to over-stabilization. Now I should be able to better gauge my CYA level and adjust to the ideal level. After that SLAM time.