Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rebar showing thru plaster on steps!

1. Back To Top    #1

Richardson, TX (Dallas suburb)

Rebar showing thru plaster on steps!

I have a pool maintenance client that is looking to buy a new home with a pool. He had a pool inspector visit for his inspection & he found a small piece, (maybe 3 inches) of rebar exposed on one of the steps. Shouldn't he be concerned about that? If I understand correctly, it should not only be covered by plaster, but by a few inches of concrete as well, right?

The inspector says it's nothing to worry about...just know that he will need to re-plaster within a few years...and they can patch it & cover it at that time.

Help me help him. Thanks.
    Brian, Richardson TX. 25K Plaster Pool, 1.5 HP Pump, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 HP Booster Pump, 325 sq ft Cart Filter. This is my 3rd pool to convert to BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Rebar showing thru plaster on steps!

I had some of this as well. When you get replastered, they will grind the rebar back and then it will be covered by the new plaster.

I am not sure what you are thinking should be done instead
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cypress TX

Re: Rebar showing thru plaster on steps!

I'm guessing you could just ask for him to repair or throw $500/$1k towards repair costs as part of the offer on the house.