Finally my DIY pool in Gonzales, Louisiana

Houston I think we have a problem. After we started adding water to the pool I noticed this wet spot to the side of the light fixture. Should I be worried?? I continued to fill the pool anyway because of instructions I received from the plaster foreman before he left. It was too late to contact him last night once I noticed this.

I was wondering what the water seepage was I saw in the shotcrete photos. Is it not the same thing going on?

Concrete is porous, especially so where there are intrusions made into it (pipes for water and electrical). Thankfully plaster is waterproof, keeping the good water in and the bad water out. We had some of the same and all worked out well.

How'd the deck jet situation work out?

We actually found the deck jet yesterday. It ended up being about 3/4"-1" under the concrete. Have a call into the manufacturer(CMP) of the deck jet to see if they make a extension for it. Other wise we will have to figure something different. One thought is purchase another deck jet and cut it 1" from the top. Bond it to the one there already and cement it back in or just add the seam sealer around it. We had to dig around pretty good to find it. Leaving a nice blemish on the new concrete deck. We will eventually add cool deck which will cover it up. But that's down the road some.

A week later and all is looking good. Electric was connected to the pump last Thursday and I got the pool circulating. Working thru getting chemicals corrected and balanced. Looks like I have a Metals in my well water problem. I am on my second round of metals sequestrant. As you can see by the pictures the water has a slight green tint. Currently planning on the addition to the pool house and finishing it in the near future. I'll update when that happens. There's a few pictures of the pool green, one when I cleaned the filters yesterday before the second metals dose and one from the recent 12+" rain storm we had last week and another just a much last Friday.

Wow what a difference few days and two more bottles of metal out make. Added the two bottles yesterday(4 total) and went to work last night. Awoke this morning and look how the water looks now. Excellent. Beautiful blue water. I was getting worried the pool would be stained.

So now my questions are: When can I start the SWG? And when can I start using the Polaris 360 pool cleaner???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another good day today. Pool water is actually looking better today than yesterday after it cleared up. Actually it looks great. Other accomplishments for today are they brick layers were back today laying the bricks in the concrete from the pool to the outside edges of the concrete. And building the brick fire pit. They are still working so I will get some pictures up once they are done.

Todd

Here are some of the pictures of the brick work and fire pit. Brick work in the deck around the pool in various places and fire pit with both fire brick and the Old St. Louis on the outside. They will all eventually tie in with the brick work on the front of the future pool house in the back ground of the fire pit picture.

Nice pool! Question though... why did you put the pool so close to your shed? My OCD would not allow that! LOL I think it would drive me crazy. Especially so near the steps. After a few beers I'd be prone to drive the mower in on accident! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.