Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Width of a replacement pool cover ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Width of a replacement pool cover ?

I am going to replace my coverstar pool cover this season.

I have a kidney pool inside a rectangular step down so the rectangular cover glides over my pool deck first and then the pool.

Because the deck is only 2 1/4 inches lower than my track there is wrinkling of the fabric and this has led to cracks along the wrinkles where water seeps through.

The cover that I have had is 6 inches wider than the guide rails which is what the company recommends.

What would happen if I ordered a cover only 4 inches wider? I think this would eliminate most of the wrinkles that are failure points on the upper deck. I could keep the water level in the pool higher. but not in the winter. Too much stress ?

Can anyone comment on a covertsar cover vs a PCS cover as well.

Bad Idea??

" A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    19,000 gallon sylvan pool, Easytouch 2 4p automation, Screenlogic interface, Intelliflo VF 3050 pump, Intellichem with Intellichlor 40 chlorinator/Muriatic acid, Raypac millivolt natural gas heater.Polaris pool cleaner with booster pump.Coverstar automatic cover hydraulic mechanism with PCS cover. Wet edge Luna quartz finish 2016. Northeast climate.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Width of a replacement pool cover ?

To measure the cover they want the track to track measurement. You have to have the extra, without the extra any rainfall that the cover pump cant remove could cause track failure.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics