Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame - replacing intex pump with a Hayward

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Intex Ultra Frame - replacing intex pump with a Hayward

After reading a post here on TFP, on how much better the Intex (gray) Ultra Frame is compared to the Intex (blue) Metal Frame, I'm very interested in possibly taking that route to my new AG pool. I watched the YouTube video on setting up the Ultra Frame pool and I see there is a through-the-wall skimmer attached to the filter cartridge, with the pump hanging below -- all of which is suspended on the side of the Ultra Frame - not sitting on the ground below. I also read, here, that the pump and filter on the Ultra Frame are still the same old poor quality as in all the Intex packages. So, how does one replace this side attached filter and pump with one, like a Hayward System, on the ground?
    16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame AG Pool, Los Angeles, CA
    Hayward Full-Flow Cartridge Filter System with 2 Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump,
    Intex SWG, Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer, Solar cover & Solar Roller,
    Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Adjustable Roll-Guard Safety Ladder,
    Kokido SkoobaMax Vac, Custom Canine entry & exit ramps,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Ultra Frame - replacing intex pump with a Hayward

Intex pools usually don't come with through the wall skimmers.... That would have been bought as a separate unit.... I own the rectangle 18 x 9 x 52" pool... Check out the last page of my thread and it will show you clearly the parts you need to upgrade with..... My build is in my signature.....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a great thread showing how its done...

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-your-Intex
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

SOME of the smaller Intex pools now come with a through-the-wall skimmer/filter/pump unit.

There is an adapter available on Amazon.com for using a larger pump/filter with hoses.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Here is the fitting that will work!

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are a couple of Amazon links to the part I was talking about. These are used on the Intex supplied Skimmer/Filter/Pump all-in-one unit.

Game adapter

Summer Escapes adapter
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks All -My mistake I googled Intex, but got a Pro Series 14' x42" Ultraframe. There are several look-a-likes. I bet I can use all this info you supplied!
    16' x 48" 5000 gal. Intex Ultra Frame AG Pool, Los Angeles, CA
    Hayward Full-Flow Cartridge Filter System with 2 Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump,
    Intex SWG, Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer, Solar cover & Solar Roller,
    Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Adjustable Roll-Guard Safety Ladder,
    Kokido SkoobaMax Vac, Custom Canine entry & exit ramps,

7. Back To Top    #7

As far as the pool itself is concerned, the Ultra Frame is the better deal over the regular metal frame. Made out of more substantial parts.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=Charlie_R;626035]SOME of the smaller Intex pools now come with a through-the-wall skimmer/filter/pump unit.

No they don't.... There are the Pro Series line of pools, which are a direct knock off of Intex, they have them, but no Intex pool comes with them... Not even the 2014 models....

9. Back To Top    #9

I never realized that my pool wasn't an Intex....until right now
    5K gal, AG 16'x4' Pro Series, Skimmer with 1000 gph pump and catridge filter + 16" Intex 2650 gph sand filer, Intex Krystal Clear SWG