Advice on getting Maytronics Premier (branded Dolphin M5?) to stop 'circling'

Jul 1, 2010
Kaufman, Texas
I just got my new cleaner and the guide says it 'learns' the shape of your pool in the first 20 minutes of operation. Problem is, mine seems to spend alot of time just going in circles. My pool is 20/40 with a deep end (sloped walls, not a drop off). I can't even get the thing to travel a straight line using the remote.

I was wondering if I need to play with the float settings - the manual is pretty light on instructions, but it looked like for the PVC brush it wanted both floats out.

Any thoughts, advice or plan ole crazy ideas would be helpful - I really don't want to think I just wasted $1200. My cheap $500 robotic did a better job so far - it just wasn't built to last. Thanks in advance!

I have the M5. It has no brain and any attempt to "learn" the pool is a ludicrous marketing gimmick. Mine does 270 degree turns in the middle of the pool.......maybe that just recess in between learning.

It is a well built machine and the best cleaner I have used, but "learning"?.........not mine!

If you solve it, let me know. Mine has wandered aimlessly for the past 6-7 months. I still like the cleaner a lot but I see no sign of learning my pool.....it goes around just like the day I bought it.

The floats made no obvious difference to me, either. I ignore them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.