Dolphin Supreme M3 vs Polaris 9300?

Budge

Apr 9, 2014
Texas
Hi. I've narrowed down my choices for a robotic pool cleaner to the Dolphin Supreme M3 (actually a Dolphin Primal X3...same thing for $600) and the Polaris 9300 ($700). But I tend to get a moderate amount of leafs in my pool, both medium and small sized. I know the M3 uses filter cartridges, while I think the 9300 uses an internal basket. So which would be better for collecting debris? Anyone have experience with both cleaners? Thanks.

I get alot of medium and small leaves too and my dolphin picks up ever one of them.

I can make a commment regarding the Dolphin vs the Polaris reliability too.
I have a dolphin nautilus - new
a frine of mine (Les) has a Triton Dolphin 3 or 4 years old
Another friend of mine (Mike) has a polaris 3 years old.

Les Dolphin Triton is still going as strong as the day he got it. He has no trees. Its never broken down.

Mikes polaris picks up leaves just fine,. Climbs the walls great and is easier to clean due to access to the basket from teh top.
However he has been in for repar 6 times since he bought it. Twice while under warranty. Four times he had to pay for repairs.

For what he has spent on repairs outside of warranty, he could have bought a new cleaner or 2. Maybe he just got a dud. I dont know.

Mike came over last weekend to check out my new cleaner. I told him about Les's dolphin *Mike dont know Les* and I let him borrow mine to try out for a couple days.
Mike bought a DX6 yesterday. Told me he had smashed the polaris with a BFH. :shock:

Thanks for all of your advice. I decided to get the Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830. It's made by Dolphin, has a remote and a caddy, and came with a $100 rebate. I've only used it once, but it worked as advertised.

My problem with Polaris is that the only cleaner I've ever had of theirs had signs of obvious planned obsolescence. The plastic L-shaped axles that attach the wheel to the cleaner had score marks impressed half way through the plastic. So guess where that part breaks every time. So even if I thought Polaris made the better cleaner (which I don't), I would probably still go for the more reliable product.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.