Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help any reference for reputable builders in South Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help any reference for reputable builders in South Louisiana

Hello
    I been looking into building a new pool in my backyard for the kids without paying a big fortune. I cant find a good builder in my area the one I called was so arrogant asked me what my budget the other said the cheapest they build will start at 45K without deck. I have another one come visit but was not sure about his quality he did not list much and his references did not answer.

How do you find reputable builders? Also I am contemplating being a general manager for the pool. How do you find the subcontractors. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help any reference for reputable builders in South Louisiana

Have you considered a "seasonal pool" like Intex?
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Please help any reference for reputable builders in South Louisiana

Have you considered fibreglass??? You can almost install them yourself and they're much faster than a gunite/plaster pool.... And a bunch cheaper...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven