Final design today-looking for feedback

Mar 5, 2014
Katy, TX
Today I am meeting with the builder to nail down our final design. Here is a picture I drew up after putting a hose in my yard to get a better feel for the space. Is there anything that I am missing?

2nd, I know this is asked as nauseum...but what is a good depth for jumping? In the far curve, we are planning on having a deeper end for jumping feet first into. Is 6 feet deep enough? Or should we do 6.5 or 7? Trying to keep as much shallower area (3.5-4.5) to play. We have a 2 tiered tanning ledge (or a really big second step) to accommodate a chair for my special needs son...so that already takes up a good chunk of shallow area. Anyways, let me know of you guys have any suggestions!
u2a9u4yb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and to give you an idea of size-from tanning bench side to back curve is 34' and the width is about 26' at the largest point. Only problem with this shape is no place to put a volleyball net ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume this is jumping feet first from the side, not an elevated diving board or diving rock. If so I would think 7-8 ft is marginal, but would somewhat depend on the height of the person that is doing the jumping, etc.

Here in AZ, most play pools are 3/5/3', not really meant for diving. Jumping in at 5' is not an issue maybe if your over 6'6" in height. But if your encouraging kids to jump, most likely they will jump or flip head first. Deeper the better. 8' is deep, I think 8' is standard for residential low diving pool? No real answers just input...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.