Newbie high ta

Hi I'm pretty new at this and I just got my 2005 taylor kit in. Everything looks good but my ta. Here are my readings

Cl 5
Salt 3500
Ph 7.4
Ta 140
Ch 240
Cya 60

Question is should I lower my ta even though my ph is spot on? How would u go about fixing the ta other than acid? I just added stabilizer (cya) a week ago because I added salt and had to add water for pool startup. I also added cal-hypo 2-3 weeks ago to shock. Since then my chlorine levels have been stable for a week at 5 with my pump running from 10am - 4pm and the chlorine generator set to 80 percent. Help needed here's my specs

18k gallon plaster pool salt water generator sand filter electric cover solar heat whisper flo pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a SWG at the start of the swim season, you should raise your CYA level to around 80. The SWG will last longer and PH will be more stable.

If the PH rises annoyingly quickly, then it is worth lowering TA. If PH increases happens slowly enough that you don't mind just adjusting the PH occasionally, then don't worry about it. Instructions on how to lower TA are in the How To section of Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.