Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex pool leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

intex pool leaking

Guys I have a small pin hole on the bottom of my intex 16ft ultra frame pool where it curves to bottom I need to get this fixed quick what can I do?!?!?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex pool leaking

Use an underwater vinyl patch. I thought the Intex pools came with some.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

if it is a small hole, a generous amount of PVC glue and a scrap piece of vinyl makes a decent patch as well. when I cut my intex last year to install the hayward skimmer... all went well until as I was finishing up, I did something incredibly stupid and bumped the sidewall with my exacto knife, puncturing a 1/4 inch gash in the liner!!!

quickly I grabbed the pvc cement I had laying nearby, used my exacto knife to cut a 1 x 1 square out of the scrape vinyl I had from the hole for the skimmer I just cut, and put a good amound of PVC cement on it, slapped it on the outside of the pool and held pressure on it for about 5-7 minutes.

hasnt leaked yet....
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

This leak is at the curve from sidewall to bottom

5. Back To Top    #5

The patches are vinyl ... so they should be able to curve as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I hust tried applying one of the patches the pool came with it say to use pvc cement well it did work just fell right off after a few mins of holding it there

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I didn't get any spare patches with my new Intex.... I was bummed.... I'll have to get one just to have on hand...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven