My battle with white flakes from my SWG continues

cheezedawg

Bronze Supporter
May 12, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
I know- there are lots of threads on this. I just took out my spacer cell and put my SWG back in a little over a week ago and I am already getting lots of white flakes. Can somebody point out whats wrong with my numbers here? According to my calculations, my CSI is just slightly positive (0.1), so I dont know why I'm having such a problem. I plan on lowering my TA a little bit to adjust the CSI down, but do you think that will help? I have an acid feeder so my Ph doesn't move a lot. I don't have any borates in the pool.

One note- I think my CH regents might be bad- the R-0011L was very thick and took a while to mix in even with speed stir. That said, the number is about what I was expecting. I've ordered a bunch of new regents now so I will repeat once I get them.

Ph: 7.5
FC: 5.5
CC: 0
TA: 70
CH: 575
CYA: 50
Salt: 3000

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my pool temperature is in the upper 60's to lower 70s.

Last edited:
Your CH level is very high, so white flakes from the SWG is fairly common. You can eliminate the white flakes by adding borates or by lowering your CSI to around -0.3. Borates will help buffer conditions inside the SWG (where CSI is way higher) which should prevent the white flakes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.