Intex inlet / outlet

Apr 21, 2014
MN
Hi all, hoping someone can help me. I've been searching for 2 hours for the part I am looking for and it's like nobody has ever attempted what I am trying to do.

I have an inflatable pool similar to this one below. Its a kiddie pool, but large enough to take 2 days to heat up enough to swim in comfortably. Problem was unfiltered and unchlorinated it would have to be dumped weekly. First I bought the chemistry to keep the water clear... and it worked great except for the particulate matter made the pool nasty in that same week. So I got a filter. Together they work great. The problem is that the hoses go over the top of the side of the pool, and the kids tend to gravitate towards the hoses and pick them up and throw them out. My solution would be to put the inlet and outlet that came with the filter and mount them on the floor of the pool (you cant mount it on the sides due to the sides being filled with air. The bottom of the pool is nylon and can be cut without disturbing the air.

For the love of god I couldn't think of how the inlet and outlet could possibly seal through a manually cut hole. I finally found a picture someone posted of an existing hole. I see the black hose gasket / adapter through which the inlet would slide... and over which the hose would get clamped. I would imagine I could cut a hole in the bottom of the pool, glue this adapter to the hole (watertight) and insert my inlet / adapter and clamp. I may have to be creative on how not to pinch the hose, but anyway... I need to find those black gasket adapter first and cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone help me?

My pool
13800360_121207003000.jpg

The adapter I am looking for (the black thing here)
black.jpg

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have no idea where to find the part you are looking for, but figured I would offer my thoughts.

If you maintain the chlorine correctly (I would suggest using the dichlor then bleach method as described for hot tubs), then the only thing you have to worry about is dirt added to the pool. To lower that, have a small bucket for the kids to step in before entering the pool. And then get a small battery powered vacuum to quickly suck out anything that enters the water. I would think that would keep the pool clean enough for awhile. In addition you could just run the pump/filter when the kids are not in/around the pool for a little while when needed.

Thank you for your input! Much appreciated, however... with kids its not only dirty feet, but dirty bodies... throwing toys in and out of the pool, tree debris from above, blades of grass... mosquitoes, on and on... I fumbled about with the filter alot too last summer... priming the pump nightly is a pain, shuffling the unit, tubing, and electrical cables around is also a pain. I need to streamline things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.