I am struggling to keep my Chlorine levels over 1.0 ppm, and having difficulties with TA and Ph. I currently add triclor pucks via 2 floaters (usually 2 pucks per floater) and throw at least a gallon of shock in a week. Our pool catches sun all day long so I suspect this does not help me. Our water is crystal clear.
Here are my other numbers
TA 200 - 220 (I check about every other day)
Here are my questions.
1. Sans SWG or Chlorinator, how do you add chlorine. i.e. floaters, skimmers, liquid, granular, etc.... (BTW, I am not a BBB person yet, wanted to get my first season in before I convert, and based on what I'm reading, I may do it sooner than initially planned)
2. I was told by the "pool store" to add stabilizer to the skimmer baskets to "help" make the chlorine last longer, is this true? What is stabilizer and how does it work, and how much should you add?
3. If I decided to adopt just the bleach of the BBB, will that be ok? or do I need to go all the way, borax, baking soda, etc...
4. What is the best way to get ph down, I have been using ph down (from Walmart) and it doesn't seem to work, and I feel like I may even be over using, ie calls for 2 lbs, I dump 1.2 the bottle ot 3.5 lbs.
5. How do I get my TA, in check? I have looked at pool school and am adding ph down (see above) and we have a spillover that we run 14-16 hours a day so I think the water is getting plenty of aereation. Suggestions?
Lets start here and I may ask some follow-ups. Thanks in advance, I feel as if I have read answers to these questions on previous threads and cannot find my answers. And yes I do have the testing kit from TF (Duraleigh), so I am coachable.