Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken skimmer basket rim

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken skimmer basket rim

The skimmer rim of my pool is chipped in several places such that the skimmer basket is sucked down repeatedly. I don't have any pieces to reconstruct with epoxy. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Broken skimmer basket rim

Do you have a picture? I would think you could use pool putty to build a new rim, but it's hard to say without seeing it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by unclescottie View Post
    The skimmer rim of my pool is chipped in several places such that the skimmer basket is sucked down repeatedly. I don't have any pieces to reconstruct with epoxy. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my Hayward skimmer. I just quit using it thinking it was broken and not repairable. Come to find out the ring that the basket sits in is not molded into the assembly and is easily replaceable. I found one in my local Leslie's store for about $10.
    22k gal, IG, Vinyl,Hayward 2hp Super2, SandFilter,

4. Back To Top    #4

This happened to mine this winter (or perhaps a previous winter since this is my first year with this pool). Here's what mine looked like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptca04qx7...409_172002.jpg

Mine seemed to be fixed/glued to the skimmer bucket while the pool guy insisted that they are always free floating and can be replaced. I'd check the pool store/online.

Have never heard of pool putty. I was going to use white outdoor window/door caulk to repair mine as pool is still winterized/below skimmers.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons