Using orange or lemon juice to clean "pool ring"?

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
Because I used "froggy" for a brief period of time, I have a "pool ring" at the water line from the copper algaecide and the silver in the froggy. I do not have any other discoloring in the pool, just at the water line. I know that ascorbic acid gets metal stains out, and I know that citrus is high in ascorbic acid. So can I use orange or lemon juice (pulp free) to get this ring off, or should I just get some ascorbic acid?

If you have a couple of lemons that aren't busy decorating a cold drink, try one in an area and see how well it does. If the ring is black/ brown, try a paste of baking soda on a green kitchen scrubbie :-D

Please let us know how the lemon works!

I had the time today to clean the pool ring with lemons. It worked great! What I did was allow the water level to evaporate to a little below the pool ring (water evaporation rate is very high here), scrub the ring with lemon sections (ends or cross sections) and then immediately follow it with a non-scratch scrubbie! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.