Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Using orange or lemon juice to clean "pool ring"?

Using orange or lemon juice to clean "pool ring"?

Because I used "froggy" for a brief period of time, I have a "pool ring" at the water line from the copper algaecide and the silver in the froggy. I do not have any other discoloring in the pool, just at the water line. I know that ascorbic acid gets metal stains out, and I know that citrus is high in ascorbic acid. So can I use orange or lemon juice (pulp free) to get this ring off, or should I just get some ascorbic acid?
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 hp pump
    Baracuda wahoo automatic cleaner
    Pool blaster catfish battery operated cleaner

Re: Using orange or lemon juice to clean "pool ring"?

If you have a couple of lemons that aren't busy decorating a cold drink, try one in an area and see how well it does. If the ring is black/ brown, try a paste of baking soda on a green kitchen scrubbie

Please let us know how the lemon works!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

I had the time today to clean the pool ring with lemons. It worked great! What I did was allow the water level to evaporate to a little below the pool ring (water evaporation rate is very high here), scrub the ring with lemon sections (ends or cross sections) and then immediately follow it with a non-scratch scrubbie!
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 hp pump
    Baracuda wahoo automatic cleaner
    Pool blaster catfish battery operated cleaner

Glad it worked! Thank you for the field report
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)