Alternative to Jack's and Metal Magic? HTH Metal Control

Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Being able to find neither of the recommended sequestriants in town (Jack's Pink Stuff or Metal Magic) I ordered some online. My Ascorbic Acid will be here today and I haven't heard where my Jack's currently is. I'm a very impatient person and want to start the treatment ASAP, but don't want to start without it.

As I was walking through Walmart to buy a nice, large measuring cup for chemicals I happened on the pool section so I stopped in to see if they had calcium (they didn't) but I did see they had HTH Metal Control. It's Hydroxyethylidene Diphosphonic Acid and it only about $16/quart. Has anyone got an opinion about it? It would be nice to not have to buy from online if I need some quickly.

HTH Metal Control is good, similar to Jack's and less expensive.

Hmm... Should that be noted in the Pool School article about staining (http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/137-metals-in-the-water-and-metal-stains) since it is easily found at Walmart (all locations?) whereas the recommended chemicals can be hard to come by, locally?

Thanks for the recommendation! If my Jack's isn't here tonight at least I know I can go ahead and get some from Walmart and use the Jack's for continued maintenance when it gets here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.