Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a Houston pool builder inside the loop

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a Houston pool builder inside the loop

Blue Haven came out Friday, but I don't want to go with them. Their price seemed very high too. Platinum is coming out tomorrow and Hipp Thursday. I tried Atlantis and some others. Many won't build inside the loop. The problem is all pool builders are in the suburbs.

I am looking for a 75-80 perimeter, flag stone edge, 300sqft of decking, vs pump, heater, salt, led light, waterfall, about 12foot of weeping wall, pebble finish. Trying to figure out about how much this will cost. I was hoping to come in under 35K

Is it cheaper to have another company come do the decking?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a Houston pool builder inside the loop

Be ready for sticker shock. I sent you a PM. I was able to stay within my budget. You might be able to hit that price point but I think more realistically 40 -50k depending if you are going to get a spa.

I'm assuming also you are in a more established neighborhood, which means you run a risk of a gas line running thought the middle of your yard, which might need to be re routed. (I had a friend in the heights who ran into this issue.)

Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree w rodog on the sticker shock...hardly anything comes in under 40K and that is bare-bones.

My suggestion is to go to the BBB in Houston and if any pool company has over 1 complaint, and it is not resolved, you are asking for potential trouble. I will also send you a PM

Good luck,
    tstex

4. Back To Top    #4

If you haven't already signed, I would certainly call Ultimate Pools & Spa. Scott Rush-281.253.6756. He may work inside the loop (he's out of Baytown, but his subs are from all over). Customer service and no BS-attitude was great; finished my build (as promised) less than 3 weeks. I'm 2 years into our pool and he still answers my dumb-questions and stands by all his work.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I just left a message for Scott. I have no gas line to reroute. I am not in the 100 yr flood plain. I don't want a spa. Will post more after I get a few quotes to fine tune equipment etc...

6. Back To Top    #6

I live in the Woodlands & we had 3 bids

try Spring pools , he had the lowest bare bones price of $36.5k (w/spa)
    (we spent almost twice that though !!)

Hipp has a good reputation but also the reputation as most Expen$ive builder out here

Woodlands Pool Co built our pool

also try Eastex Pools out of Kingwood
    several of my friends from work used them & Bill Kenny has been building pools for 30+ yrs

23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston