Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: iOS Application

1. Back To Top    #1

iOS Application

Has anyone ever thought of an iOS application and/or android application? I know about the Tapatalk app for the forum section, but was thinking more about the PoolMath program and related information. I think it would work nicely on a native app for the phone. It works on the phone browser, I know. Just curious if there had been any thought towards it. I write iOS applications for my full-time job (among the various other things that I do) and think it could be done fairly simply if I had all of the calculations that go into the PoolMath program.
    18' X 18' X 4' Round Above Ground Vinyl Pool (7600 gallons). Intex Sand Filter and Pump. Intex SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: iOS Application

PoolPal and Simple Pool are great apps on Android. Not sure if they have equivalents on iOS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.plb.pool
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SimplePoolFree
    Last edited by JVTrain; 04-21-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Added links.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I so would buy this!
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

You can get Pool Calculator for iPhone, though it forgets it's configuration fairly frequently.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I thought I read that pool calc wasn't be updated any more, vs pool math, which is.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

6. Back To Top    #6

Right, but there isn't any PoolMath app for iPhone, so some people might still want to use the old Pool Calculator app.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by primaeq View Post
    I write iOS applications for my full-time job (among the various other things that I do) and think it could be done fairly simply if I had all of the calculations that go into the PoolMath program.
    Pretty sure all the calculations are available to you if you look at the source code of PoolMath.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yea I wrote this before I looked at the source.

18' X 18' X 4' Round Above Ground Vinyl Pool (7600 gallons). Intex Sand Filter and Pump. Intex SWG.

9. Back To Top    #9

So, I downloaded the Pool Calculator, didn't like it. So I wrote my own! Haha still testing it to make sure it works correctly. Added a feature to where it will keep track of all of your tests and let you import them into the pool math calculations. Haven't decided if I will publish it or not (would require buying my own iOS developer license since I wouldn't be able to publish it through my employers license).

10. Back To Top    #10

On my iPad, I just went to Pool Math, tapped the little export button on the upper left of the screen (the one that lets you email, twitter or Facebook the page your on) and I tapped the "add to Home Screen" option. That added a button on my home screen that takes me directly to Pool Math. Pool Math also retains my pool info so I don't have to re-enter it every time I use it.

Oh, I then also did the same with the TFP web site. I made a folder on the homepage, placed both the TFP and the pool math icons into the folder. I now have quick access to both. No app needed.

oh, I forgot, I also added the icon for TFTestkits.com so I don't have to go hunting for that either. All three in one tidy little package on my home screen.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

11. Back To Top    #11

Yea, it looks like most people just use the PoolMath webpage. Don't get me wrong, that's a handy tool and I like it. But I like coding, so I wrote my own native app, haha. I even added a feature that lets me keep track of what chemicals I have added. And it lets me email my test results to friends (the pool is kind of a "family" maintained pool with three households keeping an eye on it since all of us work too dang much).

12. Back To Top    #12

Primaeq, sounds like fun. I don't code but I do usually tweak things beyond the norm so I understand where you're coming from. My son is the same way. It's kind of like working mental puzzles. My parents always told us to exercise it brains. They were so right!

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

13. Back To Top    #13

Like Steveg_nh said...I would so buy that. And I like that the data is shareable as my grown son and I maintain the pool together.
    +25 year old, 25,000 gal., IG, Gunite. New (2014) Hayward Super II 2hp pump and 310 sand filter, Rheem M266A heater.