I have an in ground fiberglass pool.
So before my spring opening I decided to change the sand in the filter as I was unaware of when it was last done as we just bought the house.
Hubby and I removed the quick connects from the pump to the sand filter( I have hard lines)and left it connected to the multi port and set it gently to the side. We vacuumed out all the sand and cleaned everything as we should, added water and filled with sand ( not the first time I have changed sand in a filter). Upon start up with all ports open and main drain, side suction, and skimmer open we primed and started everything up... We also lubed and Teflon taped all plugs and gaskets...So here are my symptoms
1. 15lbs of pressure on a new oil filled gauge.
2. No water in my sight glass while in filtration mode.
3. Tiny swirling bubble inside of the pump basket while on.
4. Tiny drip at the hard junction from the pump to the return on the multi port that only drips while running. Is there something to fix this without tearing apart the connection and resealing with pipe dope?
5. Air bubbles puffing out of all 4 eyeballs in the pool.
6. When turned off, Bubbles enter the pump skimmer basket from sand filter side of the pump and drops the water down to the level of the top of the basket.
Pool is open and clear but dirty on the bottom and about 60 degrees and I cant get an appointment for service until the end of may! Can I add shock to keep the green away until I get this bad boy fixed?