Look what the Easter Bunny done brought!

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas

All I have to say is that when they tell you a palm tree weighs 250 lbs...............they're only half right!

Just wish I could've paid that Bunny to dig all those holes and move all that river rock (again). Pass the Advil please.

One for each guy who helped move it!

It's a Pindo palm. The small stuff in front is dwarf abelia that get about 2 feet tall, and the ones lining both sides of the fence are bottle brush.

It just wasn't Margaritaville without a palm tree.

Well, that one is close to 7 feet tall I guess and I got it for $300. As slow as they grow around here (2 to 3 inches per year) I wanted to be able to enjoy it before it outlives me! A 3 or 4 foot tall one at half that price just didn't eggcite me for where I needed it to spruce up the ugliest corner of the yard (that you can see from the pool at least!) That one is native to Australia I believe. It sure took the slack outta the truck shocks with the other stuff too!

I like it woody! Too bad the Easter Bunny doesn't deliver trees like that up here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great. I believe one is also in my future. I just started on my Margaritaville collection. step one: Concoction maker.

Cheers

Welcome to my "4 step" program! Next is the liquor chiller-----drink mixer---then the party tub! Think I've got every Margaritaville sign ever made by now too! And don't forget the themed Tervis tumblers for those concoctions.

Looks great woody! Man those things are expensive up here! It pains me to think about spending hundreds of dollars for plants that grow on the side of the road just a couple hours south of here! Lol
I have noticed that some Pindo Palms have died over our winter here in the Denton area of the metroplex. Windmill palms made it through the cold and ice. I picked up a small Pindo, but now I think I will plant it in a container and bring it in the garage when there is going to be ice and snow.

Yes Mexican Fan palms are all dead around here. Some of them were very tall :(
Palms can be tricky in areas that can get very cold. I couldn't believe I saw a Home Depot selling a Queen Palm around here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.