Polaris 380 - Hose Length?

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
Thanks for the tips on hose replacement. I now have new leader / standard hoses, swivels and back up valve. It’s running a lot better. However….a question…on overall hose length….
The manual says “overall hose length to the furthest point in pool to be plus or minus six inches from the edge”.

I have something like 30 inches laid over the furthest pool coping tile. It will have always been this way as the new hoses are same length as the old. So before I start chopping away at the hoses:
1. Is the measurement taken with the hose laid floating on the pool surface and the cleaner disconnected, I guess it has to be.
2. What problems would this additional hose length cause? Looping of the hose perhaps? I get plenty of that.
3. Who has the hose cut to Polaris specs and does everything work ok?
Thanks in advance.

I cut ours to specs. With it hooked up in the Pool we stretched the hose to get the Polaris out of the Pool, sitting on the edge at the furthest point. Then that excess was taken out at the middle swivel, half on each side. We choose to err on the side of too long rather than to short with about 6 inches past the Pool edge to account for hose kinks later on. Works perfectly.

I cut ours to specs. With it hooked up in the Pool we stretched the hose to get the Polaris out of the Pool, sitting on the edge at the furthest point. Then that excess was taken out at the middle swivel, half on each side. We choose to err on the side of too long rather than to short with about 6 inches past the Pool edge to account for house links later on. Works perfectly.

Got it, thanks;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.