f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need to replace this contactor but I have no idea what to order. Can anyone help me determine if this is 240 or 120v, what the amperage is, and how many poles? It controls the heater based on a temp set point. Also, does this device simply plug/screw in or is the soldering required? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contactor_Relay.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you think you need to replace that relay?
It's impossible to tell what voltage the coil is from the picture but it's a 2-pole relay so it's most likely 240 volt.
Also, you gave no indication of the piece of equipment it's on, except that it controls some sort of heater. :scratch:
More info would be helpful.

Thanks for the reply Bama. Any additional feedback would be great because this is driving me crazy.

It is on a free standing hot tub. I do not know the make/model of the hot tub but it is old. For the last nine months, the relay has been buzzing/chattering/clicking. I have been able to tap it and/or cycle the breaker and it would start working again. This weekend, I heard it buzzing so I opened the cabinet, opened up the relay, and tapped on it. Now, nothing happens when I set dial to start when the temp is at a certain set point. I have reset the breaker several times, hit the reset several times with no change. When I turn the temp dial, it clicks but the heater/pump do not start. However, when I switch the dial to timer, the pump will start and the heater comes on and heats to the desired temp. These are the reasons that I believe the contactor/relay needs to be replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.