a5agaby8.jpg
ypada9uh.jpg
4a7ujare.jpg
6y9uqe6e.jpg
3ehuzyne.jpg
ybyhuran.jpg

construction update

Merged to keep on topic of previous thread made. Casey~

As part of the patio build with pavers I am also rerunning my electrical from garage to pump and installing solar plumbing runs. The 50' long trench is dug from garage to pump and i will be burying 2 runs of 2" wide schedule 40 for the solar and 1" PVC for electrical.

I had electrical out at the pump already but it came directly from the house and the breaker box and timer were a mess and rusted. The original connection was done in 1971 and I have no idea what condition wire is in. I do know it works. My electrician, whom is not getting paid as what are friends for, said since we are running wiring to the garage it makes sence to put the timer and breaker box in there and then run a line to pump from garage. It is more work but seems to make sence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: construction update

I think I disagree. I would put a new sub-panel by the pool equipment and keep the timer out there as well. In fact, by code I think you have to have a disconnect within sight of the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you put landscape fabric up behind the rock retaining wall to keep dirt from migrating through? I do think you could skip drainage lines behind a wall that size as it looks like you did, especially because the water will drain right through.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.