New Circupool si45+ install

dnelson60

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2014
Humble, TX
I bought my SWG a few weeks ago but was just able to get it installed on Friday, 4-18-14.

It is currently set to run at 60% with the pump running for 5 hours. After the install I ran it for 2 days and here are the initial results.

Water temp 75
Ph 7.8
FC 5.5
CC 0
TA 110
CYA 85
CH 700 (going to check this one again this week as the highest previous reading was 600)

The install was tricky as I didn't want to have to redo half my plumbing and valves. The PB left no rom to work with in ragrds to the pipe after the return valves so I spent the last several weeks talking to some plumbing guys to get their opinion. The best idea (and the one I used) came from a plumbing supply house near me. They suggested I try an attachment for a drill called a socket saver which allowed me to cut off the existing pipe just above a 2" socket and then continue the run with all 2" pipe. After all was measured and cut, assembly was rather simple except for the fact I cut one I piece 1/4" too short which required a cut and splice with a union to get the additional length needed. It not the prettiest job but so far it works like a champ with no leaks since the pump was first turned back on.

I will attempt provide some before and after pictures in another post. I still need to button up the wires I but wanted to wait until I was sure all was working correctly. :D

Nice install. Thanks for the pictures.

With CH that high and a SWG you should lower the TA. You are too close to calcium scaling as it is, and the PH will tend to go up with the SWG. Lowering TA will both slow the PH increase and give you more headroom to let PH go up accidentally.

Added acid the past 2 days plus aerated using my spa blower and TA is down to 80 so far. I plan to drop it a little more since I will be adding borax next week. PH is still low at 7.2 but with the SWG and blower it should come back to normal tomorrow.

I re-checked the CH and it is at 600-625. I have been adding fresh water due to evaporation so I hope it will continue to drop. Adding water also brought my CYA down to 80 so things are starting to look up. When I got home, the FC was up to 8 with CC at 0. I plan to leave the SWG at 60% since I will be away this weekend and my wife doesn't watch the pool at all other than to let me know if something looks or go's wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.