2650 pumps

Right now I have the deluxe Intex vacuum and deluxe skimmer with the screw on adapter that goes to the 1000GPH filter pump... I just ordered the 2650, so I'm wondering will the skimmer/vacuum still work after I cut the pool wall openings larger and use the new 2650 parts? Or will the pool then use standard vacuum hoses?

Ideally, I'd like to eventually get one of of those Diver Dave auto-vacuums (in addition to a manual vacuum) so the pool is clean when I'm ready to swim instead of having to spend 30 minutes cleaning it prior to each swim.

Thanks for the info!

You will still be able to use your Intex vacuum hose. The 1-1/4" standard pool vacuum hose will fit inside the blue skimmer fitting.

May I suggest that you install a through the wall skimmer?

Amazon has the Hydrotools skimmer and the Hayward skimmer sets that come with vacuum adapters.

get the Hayward dyna skimmer and it comes with an adapter for a regular vac hose. then you can get a real pool vac and ditch that crappy intex one like I did....

I've definitely been thinking about adding a thru-wall skimmer, but with a new baby, it's one project at a time :D Maybe next spring?

With the temps getting up to 80 here in Virginia, I need to get this pump hooked up ASAP. It's too bad it won't accept a standard vac hose, I really wanted to get an auto-vac to help with the crud in the bottom of the pool and increase my swim time.. there are so many times I want to swim, but I just don't feel like spending 30 minutes vacuuming (I don't like swimming in an icky pool).

The pump finally arrived yesterday.. I've got the circles marked and most everything together, we just need to grab a new exacto blade and the sand from the store.

BTW, did you guys apply the petroleum jelly to the fittings, per the instructions? If so, I need to get some of that, too.. but in all the 'how to' info I've read on the forums, no one mentioned petroleum jelly.

Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Who knew the sand would be so hard to find! I ended up ordering it from Ace Hardware but it has to be shipped to store... ordered some Magic Lube II from Amazon.com while I was shipping things... and I had planned to have the pump running by the end of last weekend.. the best laid plans.. yada yada yada! LOL

I guess it's too late since you already ordered it but lowes has a little tube of silicone o-ring lubricant in their pool section usually. That's what I have and I think I saw someone else mention they got theirs at lowes too.

Hello fellow Virginian!

I've read this little tube should last a while, but it's good to know where I can look locally when I need more! Thanks for the tip!

Reading those reviews reveals the extent of the problems. The bad reviews are all from people who had cloudy water to begin with, or didn't backwash and rinse thoroughly before setting to filter.

What do we know about cloudy water? Not enough FC for the CYA.....or too much cal hypo. Thank you pool stores!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.