Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2650 pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

2650 pumps

Please start your own thread....don't hi-jack!

Question about the 2650 pump.. once you upgrade, can you use a standard vacuum hose? Or does it still use the screw on 'adapter' to connect the intex vacuum? Thanks!
    Intex 14' x 48" Ultra Frame (4000 gallons)
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 2650 pumps

The vacuum hose should still be ok... What kind of fittings do you have on your pool right now?
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

When we upgraded from a cartridge filter to the 2650 sand filter all the hoses were the same and the 2650 came with a new set of hoses.
    Gerry
    27' x 54" AG Salt Water Pool Installed 2014, Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1 HP 2-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Right now I have the deluxe Intex vacuum and deluxe skimmer with the screw on adapter that goes to the 1000GPH filter pump... I just ordered the 2650, so I'm wondering will the skimmer/vacuum still work after I cut the pool wall openings larger and use the new 2650 parts? Or will the pool then use standard vacuum hoses?

Ideally, I'd like to eventually get one of of those Diver Dave auto-vacuums (in addition to a manual vacuum) so the pool is clean when I'm ready to swim instead of having to spend 30 minutes cleaning it prior to each swim.

Thanks for the info!
    -Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump -Intex 1,000 GPH Filter Pump -Intex Deluxe Surface Skimmer -Hayward Above-Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner (Diver Dave) -Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

The large fittings for the 2650 have two sets of threads on the inside of the pool, one set for the larger screens, and the other for the smaller in-pool fittings.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_R View Post
    The large fittings for the 2650 have two sets of threads on the inside of the pool, one set for the larger screens, and the other for the smaller in-pool fittings.
    Good to know I can still use my old Intex Vaccum/Skimmer for as long as needed.. does the large 2650 fittings also accommodate standard vacuum hoses or will I still need an adapter?

Thanks again!

7. Back To Top    #7

You will still be able to use your Intex vacuum hose. The 1-1/4" standard pool vacuum hose will fit inside the blue skimmer fitting.

May I suggest that you install a through the wall skimmer?

Amazon has the Hydrotools skimmer and the Hayward skimmer sets that come with vacuum adapters.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

get the Hayward dyna skimmer and it comes with an adapter for a regular vac hose. then you can get a real pool vac and ditch that crappy intex one like I did....
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    get the Hayward dyna skimmer and it comes with an adapter for a regular vac hose. then you can get a real pool vac and ditch that crappy intex one like I did....
    I've definitely been thinking about adding a thru-wall skimmer, but with a new baby, it's one project at a time Maybe next spring?

With the temps getting up to 80 here in Virginia, I need to get this pump hooked up ASAP. It's too bad it won't accept a standard vac hose, I really wanted to get an auto-vac to help with the crud in the bottom of the pool and increase my swim time.. there are so many times I want to swim, but I just don't feel like spending 30 minutes vacuuming (I don't like swimming in an icky pool).

The pump finally arrived yesterday.. I've got the circles marked and most everything together, we just need to grab a new exacto blade and the sand from the store.

BTW, did you guys apply the petroleum jelly to the fittings, per the instructions? If so, I need to get some of that, too.. but in all the 'how to' info I've read on the forums, no one mentioned petroleum jelly.

Thanks again!

10. Back To Top    #10

Not petroleum jelly. Use pool lube, silicon based. Intex wants to sell you new O-rings twice a season. Petroleum jelly will ruin them that fast. (ask me how I know.....)

11. Back To Top    #11

Who knew the sand would be so hard to find! I ended up ordering it from Ace Hardware but it has to be shipped to store... ordered some Magic Lube II from Amazon.com while I was shipping things... and I had planned to have the pump running by the end of last weekend.. the best laid plans.. yada yada yada! LOL

12. Back To Top    #12

I guess it's too late since you already ordered it but lowes has a little tube of silicone o-ring lubricant in their pool section usually. That's what I have and I think I saw someone else mention they got theirs at lowes too.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Beens View Post
    I guess it's too late since you already ordered it but lowes has a little tube of silicone o-ring lubricant in their pool section usually. That's what I have and I think I saw someone else mention they got theirs at lowes too.
    Hello fellow Virginian!

I've read this little tube should last a while, but it's good to know where I can look locally when I need more! Thanks for the tip!

14. Back To Top    #14

I also just recently upgraded my intex pump to the sand filter. Home Depot had the pool filter sand for around $6 for a 50lb bag
    6423 AG Intex 18 x 48 Intex 2100 GPH Sand Filter Pool Pump TF100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by tlcottone View Post
    I also just recently upgraded my intex pump to the sand filter. Home Depot had the pool filter sand for around $6 for a 50lb bag
    I saw the sand at Home Depot but, being a noob to the sand filter world, the reviews scared me.. let us know how it goes for you!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-...stomer_reviews

16. Back To Top    #16

Reading those reviews reveals the extent of the problems. The bad reviews are all from people who had cloudy water to begin with, or didn't backwash and rinse thoroughly before setting to filter.

What do we know about cloudy water? Not enough FC for the CYA.....or too much cal hypo. Thank you pool stores!

17. Back To Top    #17

Poor pool stored people!
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

18. Back To Top    #18

I also got my sand at Home Depot and I have never had a problem. It has been in the filter for more than a year.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

19. Back To Top    #19

Pump is running - no leaks! However, I have a NEW problem.. how are we supposed to hook up the backwash hose to the threaded drain.. Intex.. always another problem <sigh>. Thanks for all the info!

20. Back To Top    #20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast