Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CC Test Question

1. Back To Top    #1

CC Test Question

When testing for CC with the TF-100, how pink does the water turn if you have any CC? I suspect that it turns back to the original bright pink. I've never had that happen, which is likely due to my light load and SWG. Just checking.
    15k gal, Pebbltec. Built in 2004. 2 HP Pump, Cartridge Filter, Hayward SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 / Orlando, Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: CC Test Question

It seems to me not to turn back quite as bright. However, it really doesn't matter.

If it turns back pink and then clears with the drops, then you have CC's regardless of the intensity.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

CC Test Question

If the water stays clear you have no CC 's. If it turns back to pink just count the number of drops it takes to get it back to clear.
    One drop to bring it back to clear is fine. Two or more drops may indicate a SLAM, which if your water is clear and no visible algae a one time bring it up to SLAM level should take care of it.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

The pink (if CCs are present) is definitely noticeable though, right? I just have never seen it, so I'm starting to question myself.
    15k gal, Pebbltec. Built in 2004. 2 HP Pump, Cartridge Filter, Hayward SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 / Orlando, Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

CC Test Question

Yes you can see the pink. If it only takes one drop to go back to clear it will be a light pink. If it's higher the pink will be darker.
    Zero CC will be no color change at all. It will stay clear.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by abrink View Post
    The pink (if CCs are present) is definitely noticeable though, right? I just have never seen it, so I'm starting to question myself.
    You'll know it when you see it. Sounds like you have no CCs.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Yeah....no cc's. you will see it very clearly if you have any.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I've only tested two water samples, but one of them had CC's....so I can say that these guys are all telling you the truth. If you have CC's you'll know.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor