CC Test Question

abrink

Mar 16, 2014
Orlando, FL
When testing for CC with the TF-100, how pink does the water turn if you have any CC? I suspect that it turns back to the original bright pink. I've never had that happen, which is likely due to my light load and SWG. Just checking.

It seems to me not to turn back quite as bright. However, it really doesn't matter.

If it turns back pink and then clears with the drops, then you have CC's regardless of the intensity.

If the water stays clear you have no CC 's. If it turns back to pink just count the number of drops it takes to get it back to clear.
One drop to bring it back to clear is fine. Two or more drops may indicate a SLAM, which if your water is clear and no visible algae a one time bring it up to SLAM level should take care of it.

Yes you can see the pink. If it only takes one drop to go back to clear it will be a light pink. If it's higher the pink will be darker.
Zero CC will be no color change at all. It will stay clear.

I've only tested two water samples, but one of them had CC's....so I can say that these guys are all telling you the truth. If you have CC's you'll know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.