Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New house - came with pool and some issues

1. Back To Top    #1

New house - came with pool and some issues

Hi all - first time posting. We bought a new house and with it an 18x36 ft in-ground pool. Thanks already for the wealth of information!

We're now having some issues with air bubbles. Their only in the shallow end and the air "seems" to be getting sucked in thought this mystery thing next the return. Hopefully has attached correctly (identification would be a plus!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New house - came with pool and some issues

Welcome to TFP!

That appears to be a vacuum port for your hose. With the cap broken, yes it will allow air into the system. I don't know where you would find a replacement.

Can you post a pic of your pool equipment and valve set-up? there could be a valve to isolate that port from any other suction.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is the air only coming out of the one water jet? That could be an air intake fit bench jets like in a spa.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses! I've attached the photo of the pipes and valves. I have no idea what any of this does...guess I'm in for an educational summer!image.jpg