Trying to determine turnover rate using a VS pump

Donny

Feb 1, 2014
Upstate, NY
As a new pool owner, I'm trying to determine what would be the best speeds I could run my Max-Flo VS 2300 1.5 hp pump to turn over the water (18,000 gal) in a 24 hour period. As of now I have the pump set at first start-up to 3,000 rpms, for 4 hours, then it switches to 1,500 rpm's for 8 hours. 1,500 is too low for the heater I figured out, wonder if its OK for the auto chlorinator ?? I'm waiting on the completion of the water fall feature to see if 1,500 rpms is adequate as well. Trial and error right now in this early stage. Thx.

There is an article in the How To section of Pool School about determining your run time, check it out. Turn over is meaningless. You want to run at as low a speed as you can.

You almost certainly don't need to run the pump for that long. I would find out the lowest speed at which the heater runs reliably, and use a just slightly higher speed than that for about four hours total. When using the waterfall you will almost certainly need to turn up to a higher speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.