IronKneebone

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2013
Apple Valley, CA.
Almost 1 year ago exactly we purchased a home with a pool. What a learning curve it's been...really not as much the learning of how to "Properly" address pool issues, as of how to ignore the bad advice of Pool "Professionals"
So glad I found TFP.
Buying a home with a pool, when you've never been a pool owner, and the fact that the pool is 20 years old is a guessing game. How old are the filters? What is that stain? What kind of chemicals were used? Why is the heater gone?...etc
The pool store selling me the wrong o-ring for my DE Manifold, The pool guy (fired) dumping chemicals left and right in the pool, The pool store trying to sell me
"Phosphate Free" when my CYA was 150+...and many more wacky adventures led me to TFP
I've visited many sites (thousands of pages) on the World of Web and now am going to settle down here.
We had our pool re-plastered this week, bought the TF-100 and now I am going to be "The Pool Guy"

My name is Greg, thanks for everything, including reading all the words I wrote.

Welcome to TFP Greg! I'm the Pool Girl at my house and enjoy every minute of it! :mrgreen: