Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1 Year in

1. Back To Top    #1
    Apple Valley, CA.

1 Year in

Almost 1 year ago exactly we purchased a home with a pool. What a learning curve it's been...really not as much the learning of how to "Properly" address pool issues, as of how to ignore the bad advice of Pool "Professionals"
    So glad I found TFP.
    Buying a home with a pool, when you've never been a pool owner, and the fact that the pool is 20 years old is a guessing game. How old are the filters? What is that stain? What kind of chemicals were used? Why is the heater gone?...etc
    The pool store selling me the wrong o-ring for my DE Manifold, The pool guy (fired) dumping chemicals left and right in the pool, The pool store trying to sell me
    "Phosphate Free" when my CYA was 150+...and many more wacky adventures led me to TFP
    I've visited many sites (thousands of pages) on the World of Web and now am going to settle down here.
    We had our pool re-plastered this week, bought the TF-100 and now I am going to be "The Pool Guy"

My name is Greg, thanks for everything, including reading all the words I wrote.
    15ft x 30ft IG Plaster 22,00gal - 7ft rnd Spa - Hayward 6020 DE Filter - Hayward 1.5 Tristar Pump - Kreepy Krauly Classic

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: 1 Year in

Glad you could join us!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Welcome to the forum.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

Knowledge is power .... And we have a lot to share

Sounds like you are well on your way to a TFP summer.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

Quote Originally Posted by IronKneebone
    ...bought the TF-100 and now I am going to be "The Pool Guy"
    You are well on your way...
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Elverson Pa.

1 Year in

Welcome to TFP and congrats on taking charge !!
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP Greg! I'm the Pool Girl at my house and enjoy every minute of it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter