CYA test illumination

Apr 10, 2013
Dallas, TX
I know you're supposed to do it in full sunlight, with your back to the sun and held at waist level, but one thing I was wondering the other day, should the tube be in the shadow of your body or be illuminated by the sun? Also, you mention holding it differently changes things - what's the best way to hold it?

The important thing s that it be very bright yet not have the sun reflecting off the surface in the view tube. I do it on the patio so there's all that light reflecting off the concrete and I hold it at the very top with just thumb and forefinger.

Just keep pouring it back into the mixing bottle and repeating it.

Bumping this old thread to check in to see if anyone has a more "controlled" method of checking the tube. If I perform the test in my kitchen which has nice-and-bright recessed light fixtures, then I get very close to, if not the same reading, compared to when I do it in sunlight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.