Thanks and Please Take Advice from this forum!

Jul 28, 2007
Wabash, IN
I opened my pool to a greenish tint this spring after a long, hard winter. We have had the pool for 7 seasons and this was my first time ever having Algae in my pool due in large part because I have tried to follow the suggestions/advice on this forum. Anyway, on to my point.

Please, Please, Please listen and read about how to rid your pool of Algae as there is tons of great information here on this site!! I just read countless posts from people who do not adhere to the SLAM process, they adjust PH, CYA or anything else that pops up. I simply did EXACTLY what the pool school stated and my pool has gone from not being able to see the bottom of the shallow end to being able to see clearly, the main drains and read the name on my Pool Cleaner. I also understand that each pool is different, but the principles are the same!

Algae is killed by Chlorine! (and a good test kit!!)

That is all for this morning.....just had to put that out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.