Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex questions

1. Back To Top    #1

intex questions

Hey guys ive got an intex 16ft ultra frame im wanting upgrade the pluming to pvc and do a tru the wall skimmer and add a second return fountain. iv got an intex sand pump and an intex salt water system anyone have any pis with these 2 pumps hard piped? Ive searched for some pics but no luck. Size pvc is 1 1/4 right?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: intex questions

There used to be a couple of threads showing how to make adapters......Here's one, with pics.

Most of us who are doing the hard plumb are using 1-1/2" PVC.

For your suction lines, you could even go 2", if you have long runs to your pump. My own experience is that 1-1/2" is quite adequate for both suction and return. I've put two returns on my pool, and get a fairly quick moving whirlpool in a very short time.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Here is another with a few skimmer pics....!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Ah, Casey beat me to it...
    That's the best thread... Its the one I'll use as a reference before I cut my pool liner....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction