JVA not activating for Spillover

Charles4201

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2014
California
I recently upgraded my Jandy Aqualinks RS to the iAqualink internet enabled system. Since then I cannot get the JVA for the Spillover to activate. Everything is plugged in properly* and I have gone through the process of assigning the JVA. But when I press the "Spillover" button, nothing happens.

*Also I noticed today that the Intake and Return plugs may be reversed in the JVA sockets. If that has been the case for several weeks would things operate normally as they have been? I think I may have mislabeled them (the plugs) but have them inserted in the proper sockets.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Welcome to TFP!

Since switching between pool and spa mode switches both valves, the plugs could be reversed and you wouldn't notice anything if you never tried spillover mode. However, if they are reversed, the spa would drain fairly quickly when in spillover mode.

The first thing to check is to try the switch directly on the JVA and see if that causes the valve to turn. Put it back where it was original when done checking that.

Thanks for the welcome and the response.

The switches turned the valves as they should and they were both in #1 position.

I had tried the Spillover before and neither it worked nor did the spa drain.

Thanks again and BTW many years ago I lived in Hyatsville. Small world.

The valves turning when you switch the switch on the actuator means that the actuators are working and they are plugged into the control box.

The next thing to check is a little more complex, you need to see if they are plugged into the correct position on the control box. There are usually four valve controller sockets inside the control box, and you want them plugged into the first two. The first one is for the valve right before the pump, and the second connector is for the valve after the filter/heater.

Then make sure that both valves move when you switch between pool and spa mode, and only the return valve (after the filter/heater) moves when you switch between pool and spillover.

Yes both valves move when switching from pool to spa mode and back.
I'm not sure what you mean by when you switch between pool and spillover.
If it is in pool mode and the filter pump is on I press the Spillover button and nothing happens.
Likewise when in Spa mode nothing happens if I press the spillover button.

The fourth socket in the series of 8 aux sockets is empty. The intake and return plugs are inserted into the first 2 JVA sockets according to the schematic though those are the 2 that may be reversed. I tried all of these procedures with those plugs in both combinations

Alright, the valves and actuators are working, and the control system is working. This sounds like a software problem of some sort. If I remember correctly DIP switch S1-3, in the main control box, needs to be on to enable spillover mode. Can you check that switch and make sure it is turned on? This doesn't apply to all versions of the control box, but most do have this.

Thanks very much, that did it. Your message reminded me to examine more closely the photographs I had taken of the old pc board before I switched them out.
DIP switches S1 and 3 are supposed to be in the on position. You also verified for me that the JVA plugs are indeed inserted into the proper sockets.
Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.