Drop in "beach" step

hlemon

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2008
Does anyone know if they make a removable "beach" step? I have a four year old that loves the pool, but is content with sitting on the pool steps the whole time blocking the exit/entrance for everyone else. A beach type step would be perfect for her, but we have a vinyl pool and I can't find anything like that.

Thanks!

hlemon said:
Does anyone know if they make a removable "beach" step? I have a four year old that loves the pool, but is content with sitting on the pool steps the whole time blocking the exit/entrance for everyone else. A beach type step would be perfect for her, but we have a vinyl pool and I can't find anything like that.

Thanks!

Haven't seen anything like that. Perhaps just explain (to a 4 yo, I know!) that for safety reasons she can't sit there, and try various floats till she finds something she likes. Is it the pool temp? My kids like straddling the "noodles" Keeps them raised up a bit, more comfortable than some other donuts. She might also like those oval floats that are flat, with an inflateable rim, you sit higher in the water. And last there are those expensive foam mats that float. She might like that too.

Good ideas poolmom...

I think I have her figured out. She likes to "swim" her mermaid barbies in the pool and when she plays with them on the steps and drops them, she can reach down and get them herself. If she floats around with them (pool is round and 4.5ft througout) she can't fish them back out again! ha

stinkin kids! :lol:

You could get an outdoor plastic coffee table, or any table and cut the legs so they are the same height as the step. Then just zip-tie some rubber feet/pad to the bottom and put that in your pool.

We put a plastic lawn chair in our pool for the dog to rest on. We don't use rubber or anything under the feet, but Intex liners are thicker then normal liners.

Adam

Maybe you could also look at 2nd set of steps? I just picked up a nice set of steps off www.craigslist.com. There were a few steps listed there. I also bought a mat for under the steps. I got it from Home Depot. It's a shower liner and they sell for $4.98 per foot (4' wide).

Sue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.