Water spewing from sand filter and heater!

Apr 18, 2014
In the fall of 2013 the motor on my mother's pool pump went out. Her pool man was less than reliable. Since he never replaced the motor, he drained the lines so they would not freeze. We assume he means he did something to the pump and the heater. We finally got a motor put on this past weekend. When we started the pump, water started shooting out the top of the filter and the side of the pool heater which hasn't been used in years. Did my mother possibly put too much water in the pump?
We did find the drain plug on the ground to the sand filter and put that back on. Not sure what else we need to do. Any guidance would be appreciated because we are already out a lot of money on the new motor and now we have to get the pool cleaned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your help. Your comments/questions helped us resolve. We found two screws on the ground that turned out to be the drain plugs for the heater. it was rusty and hard to get them in but once we did, we could see that they fit. The gauge on top of the sand filter was busted. That is where the water was coming out. So we got that plugged and are going to order a new gauge. No leaks now. Now we just have to get the swamp pool clean. :) Thank you all again this is a great site!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.