AquaRite cycles off will not come back on

Rlm89

Apr 18, 2014
Alabama
I purchased my first system around 2007 and had to replace the current limiter after about two years. After about 5 years I started getting low salt readings. I purchased a whole new system, controller and T15 cell. I installed the new system in 2012. It has run perfectly until this spring startup when I noticed the unit would start normally and generate chlorine. I then started noticing that when I went by and checked on the unit the generating light would still be on but no voltage. The unit was not generating. I can cycle the system off and back on and it will generate for an hour or so then cycle off and never come back on. I tried running the unit at different levels up to 100 percent. It acted the same no matter what. I put the old control unit back on and it runs perfectly. The old control unit reads a few hundred ppm less than the new unit but generates perfectly. My pool is clearing up nicely now. I called Hayward for warranty support and they are telling me that I can ship the unit back but I have to pay all shipping charges unless they find something wrong. Any ideas why the older control unit would run fine and the new unit mess up using the same cell if something is wrong with the cell? I feel like something has to be wrong with the controller. Any ideas?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the delay. If the old controller is working with the new cell ... then clearly the problem is with the new controller and not the cell. Now what that problem is a I am not sure.

Have you read the threads that discusses the common issues with the Aquarite and the website: http://www.nocellpower.com/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.