New SWG Pool start up in progress

I turned the pump off before I went to bed last nite and turned it back on about 830 AM today.
Checked the FC around 1030 based on the 10 ml scale it was 15.5 ppm. On the 25th I had tested using the 10 ml scale and it was 18 ppm. I also have a spreadsheet log to track everything.
Got new timer installed and set for 12 hours a day run time. 8 AM to 8 PM and set SWG to 50% output(right now I have SWG turned off).
My Hayward is drawing 156 watts at 1500 RPM

This morning pump came on as scheduled.. New test results 2 hours after system was running.
FC 13
TA 120-130
PH 7.4-7.5
CYA 65-70
Wtr temp 74
Salt reading from Aqua Rite 3800
Test strip reading 3560

So my FC has dropped 2.5 ppm from 24 hours w/o generating any chlorine.

Good question. Right now I am not using theSWG. Trying to let the natural process get the FC done to more normal level.
I have system set for 12 hours at 1500 rpm. That's gets me around a turn over of 4 . I will probably dial it back to say 8 hours. Then play with generator setting

I don't have a multi speed pump, but I'm running my swg at 50% for 6 hours and my fc has come down 1.5ppm over the last several days. It had been 10.0 before I reduced the %. I'm trying to get it down to 5ppm before changing it to a maintenance level. I believe that I should be able to run it at 80% for 8hrs max during the summer. But, I'll play that by ear as the summer progresses. One of the pool stores I used to take my water to be tested insisted I needed to run it for 12 hrs when all it was doing was circulating the water. That seemed outrageous to me so I never ran it over 8 hrs. They also were trying to get me to buy $100 of their supplies to keep my pool nice. I laughed at them and continued to add baking soda to increase TA, borax to increase pH -- neither of which I've needed since going to bleach, got a decent testkit that I found my ta in my tap water was 120ppm, and put an aerator in my pool. Now that I have a swg the aerator is no longer necessary either.

Seems to me 6hrs @ 75% will give you the same 4 hrs of cell run time at less pump time which should logically use less electricity, no??? For example, when my cell is generating cl, my cell amps is ~6amps, but I'm pretty sure my pump is closer to 15 or maybe even more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I am back at work. I work offshore so my wife will be giving me updates on the pool. I gave her and my son a short school on how to use the Taylor kit and basic maintenance thing as to do and check.
I told her to wait 2 days and test the FC. And when it gets to approximately 6 -8 ppm to turn the swg back on at 50% and monitor

After 3 weeks away from home. I finally get home. Pool looks good, water is crystal clear. we had a day of tremendous amount of rain while I was gone. It put almost 3 inches of water in the pool. My wife has done a very good job with learning all of this while I was gone. Anyway The water level has been pumped back down to normal. I woke and did the test this morning.

FC 9,This was due to % output of SWG turned up by mistake, instead of leaving it alone.
CC 0
TA 120
PH 7.6
CYA 55, I expected this due to the dilution from the rain.
Salt 3600
CH 210
Wtr Temp 83 from Aqua rite.

I probably need to raise the CYA up to 70-80 don't ya think? And leave everything else alone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.