New SWG Pool start up in progress

Ok I agree 100% on timer. Now back to my situation with resulys
How should I best handle the high FC, as stated in earlier post.
I would like to take this time for everyones help . I am a new pool owner and want to get this right the first time.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

CYA started at 30
2 lbs by the pool math calculator

- - - Updated - - -

Pool math said 47oz by weight to go from 30 to 80 CYA, thats why I only added 2 lbs total. To stay under not over.
You have me really confused. On the 18th you said you had 0 cya, then you added 1lb of cya. That should have made your cya 17ppm. On the 20th leslies said your cya was 60??? Then on the 22nd, I recommended you should have added 2lbs. You had no response to that until the 25th when you had your test kit which showed 30ppm and leslies showed 35. So, had you put in another lb afterall? Then yesterday, you put in 1lb that makes 3 total??? Or was that 2 doses of a lb each I.e. 4 lbs total? That would explain the 78ppm today.

Hey guy's please bare w me, i am still learning this how process and how to use the kit. After reading more on using the kit for the CYA test, maybe Iwas reading the results wrong.
I was using the result just as the black dot starts to disappear, instead of completely disappearing. So I retested.

CYA 60-65
TA 130
PH 7.6
FC 15.2 using the powered and drops on the 25ml line, should have used the 10ml line should I would use less drops
CC 0
CH 220-230

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, you're getting a little closer. 65ppm is just under 4lbs. 60 is exactly 3.5 lbs. Your fc test leads me to another problem. Yes just put in 10 ml of pool water then 2 full measures of the powder; stir thoroughly; then, count the drops until it turns clear -- each drop is .5 ppm fc. Wondering how you came up with 15.2?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been using a set of postal scales to weigh with

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I bought a digital kitchen scale to weigh mine. Works great!

You do want to get CYA up to 80 something this spring. However, CYA can take up to a week to fully dissolve and all show up on the test. So I suggest waiting until it has been a week, measuring the level, and adjusting as needed to get to 80.

Where do you live rm? I just noticed my water temp is up to 75º-- another 3, and we're going swimming! Running my swg 50% for 6 hrs and my FC is now holding steady. Well, it had been holding steady, but now with the increased water temp, all this sunshine today caused it to drop 1ppm. I have a ways to go so I'll leave it right where it is till it gets down to where I want it then redo my timer and %.

That sounds pretty solid to me and makes sense. As far as using the pool, the numbers are ok for use right now?? Bather load will also help lower the FC. I got some kiddos wanting to swim tomorrow.
Again thanks for all the help so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you live rm? I just noticed my water temp is up to 75º-- another 3, and we're going swimming! Running my swg 50% for 6 hrs and my FC is now holding steady.

North Texas just south of DFW. My Aqua Rite shows 78 deg F. Just edited my info...thanks.

Looks like you're on the way to a healthy pool. Good luck with it! I can't wait to get in my pool without having to do so to retrieve parts from the bottom (it was 72 F then) brrrrr I need to finish installing my ladder guards to keep my cleaner from sticking underneath it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.