Help with brown stains.

Lmorgan5

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
La Porte, TX.
I have brown stains all the way around my pool. I first thought that because my pool is 12 years old that We might have to have it replastered, but after seeing some of the problems others are having, I decided to have the water tested for metals. I took a sample to Leslie's and sure enough the copper was at .6 and the iron was at .1. I bought the stain remover and then one hour later added the metal free. I haven't been able to see any of the stains disappear. What to do next? I've included a picture. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 100
Went back to Lesley's well actually it used to be Pool Warehouse before Lesley's bought them out. I ask a million questions and I now know what the problem is, Scale! So now I'll wait 24 hours, backwash and treat it for that problem. Hopefully, it will clear it up. The guy at the store told me to take a pumice stone and see if I could remove one of the spots..I did and it came right off. Yea, Doing a little happy dance! I was told also that it was a plaster problem. Now I know what it is, I can fix the problem!

Those are old calcium/metal stains, and I doubt any chemical treatment would remove them effectively. Sanding with a pumice stone or with wet-or-dry sandpaper would be the best bet as you have already learned.
Hope there aren't too many stains to deal with!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.