Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pulling the trigger on a Polaris 9450

1. Back To Top    #1

Pulling the trigger on a Polaris 9450

Anyone think that I could buy something better? I've been obsessively researching robot cleaners for two weeks now and I think my mind is made up. Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pulling the trigger on a Polaris 9450

I am not familiar with that model.....is it large enough for the size of your pool?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you order it? I'm about to pull the trigger on one too.

4. Back To Top    #4

Dolphins are proven. Look into the new Oasis Z5. Love mine!

5. Back To Top    #5

Love my Polaris 9550. The 9450 is basically the same. You won't be disappointed.
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Cruzr, enjoyed reading your posts on the 950. How much are you using the remote?

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad to hear you enjoyed the review largent. I have used the remote a few times to spot clean, instead of running a full cycle before company comes over. Or for a few leaves, or worms. I really don't use it that often because the cleaning cycles completely clean the pool. The 9450 will do a thorough job of cleaning your pool without having a remote.
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks. Your input has helped make my decision easier.

9. Back To Top    #9

Largent/Cruzr....

I'm looking closely at these two cleaners, and am wondering if either of you can post any update on how they're working for you?

I'm looking at the third Dolphin DX4 power supply that's failed in three years, and if I can't get it handled under warranty, I'm moving to a different brand.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

10. Back To Top    #10

I don't want to duplicate what I already posted on, but if your interested here were my thoughts on the Polaris 9400, which from what I can tell just the last year model of the Polaris 9450. At least all the specs I saw were the same. We really like it. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-a-Polaris-P94
    Java - Learning that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!- Houston Tx - 22,000 gallon IG gunite pool running a DE Hayward filter DE-4800 (48SQFT 96 GPM), Hayward Vari-flo multi-port valve 715XR60, Pump - Century Centurion 0-177215-04 1hp. Polaris 9400 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, a pool light, diving board. Age of pool &equipment unknown, pool age est. ~ 20-30 yrs, equipment probably newer.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks, Javaverses....

I am a bit concerned about the cord on the Polaris vs. the Dolphin I've been using....I'm guessing Maytronics has a patent on the swiveling power cord, which is why the others don't offer it. Still no issues you've noticed with the power cord tangling up? (I'm especially cautious about this, as my Dolphin would often get hung up on one of the floor main drains...spinning in circles until it eventually got free...I can't imagine what would happen to the power cord on a cleaner that didn't have a swivel connection).
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

12. Back To Top    #12

My old Dolphin didn't have a swivel, and never got tangled.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks Robbie....I'm thinking I shouldn't worry much about the lack of swivel, then.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by mhosborn View Post
    Thanks, Javaverses....

I am a bit concerned about the cord on the Polaris vs. the Dolphin I've been using....I'm guessing Maytronics has a patent on the swiveling power cord, which is why the others don't offer it. Still no issues you've noticed with the power cord tangling up? (I'm especially cautious about this, as my Dolphin would often get hung up on one of the floor main drains...spinning in circles until it eventually got free...I can't imagine what would happen to the power cord on a cleaner that didn't have a swivel connection).
    Sometimes it gets a little twisted, but it never seems to effect the performance. I think the reason it gets twisted is due to the way we coil it when we put it up. If it isn't uncoiled right it retains the twist once in the pool, but like
    I said it never seems to stop it from working properly. We have no problem with it hanging up near our drain, but it does have a little trouble doing our pool steps. We usually just manually brush those.
    Java - Learning that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!- Houston Tx - 22,000 gallon IG gunite pool running a DE Hayward filter DE-4800 (48SQFT 96 GPM), Hayward Vari-flo multi-port valve 715XR60, Pump - Century Centurion 0-177215-04 1hp. Polaris 9400 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, a pool light, diving board. Age of pool &equipment unknown, pool age est. ~ 20-30 yrs, equipment probably newer.