Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doing to good a job...

1. Back To Top    #1

Doing to good a job...

You guys are doing too good a job explaining the TFPC method! I used to love coming to this algae subforum to see all the amazing swamp to oasis pictures, but there's been hardly any lately - no new posts even in the past few days.

Time to take things into my own hands...

Ok newbies, here's how you get rid of your algae - you want to shock your pool by adding as many trichlor pucks as you can find. Ignore what these crazy people say about high CYA - it actually helps kill bacteria!

(There, now maybe we'll see some more good swamp pictures!)
    ~15k gal IG pebble pool/spa w/ water features, Goldline ProLogic + SWG, 2x Hayward Northstar pumps, Hayward Booster Pump, Hayward 60sqft DE filter, 400k BTU Hayward heater, Hayward Viio Turbo pool cleaner, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doing to good a job...

Funny ... unfortunately some new members might think that is actual advice.

So, do NOT follow the above advice.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

They'll be here... they always come! The hot dog days of summer will bring the green monsters out of the deep ends while pool owners will run from the pool stores!

The HORROR!!!! They will come.... Muahahahaaaaa
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Just be patient! It snowed a couple days ago in a lot of the US! About a month from now... when everyone realizes they only have a week to get the sludge clear before Memorial Day weekend. that's when it will explode. And I hope you log in and do you share of typing answers!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, I'm thinking this ridiculous lingering cold is sort of delaying things. I love the green to clean threads! I go easy on the advice though. Good to let the experts handle it.

I'm great with input though! Mine always has a "but wait till you hear from the experts" note somewhere in there...
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

Well you can preload some responses:

"Have you read Pool School?"

"What test kit do you have, if any?"

~15k gal IG pebble pool/spa w/ water features, Goldline ProLogic + SWG, 2x Hayward Northstar pumps, Hayward Booster Pump, Hayward 60sqft DE filter, 400k BTU Hayward heater, Hayward Viio Turbo pool cleaner, TF100 test kit