Dumb CYA Question - i think i know the answer but want to confirm.

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
My CYA dropped to 0 over the winter .... i just let a sample come to room temp and get no reading.

Pool Calculator calls for 88 oz to get to 30. I bought a 4 lb canister from Walmarts .... which is 64 oz i believe but would like to confirm that.

I only put 3/4 of the jug in just in case.

Thanks!

My CYA dropped to 0 over the winter .... i just let a sample come to room temp and get no reading.

Pool Calculator calls for 88 oz to get to 30. I bought a 4 lb canister from Walmarts .... which is 64 oz i believe but would like to confirm that.

I only put 3/4 of the jug in just in case.

Thanks!

I think the pool calculator is telling you to add either 84 oz in weight OR 88 oz in volume. When you say your 4 lb canister is 64 oz you are talking about weight which means you should be going by the 84 oz amount to add. I know it is a small difference in this instance but I thought I would mention the calculator tells you the amount to add in weight or in volume in case you might have overlooked it.

I think the pool calculator is telling you to add either 84 oz in weight OR 88 oz in volume. When you say your 4 lb canister is 64 oz you are talking about weight which means you should be going by the 84 oz amount to add. I know it is a small difference in this instance but I thought I would mention the calculator tells you the amount to add in weight or in volume in case you might have overlooked it.

Thanks .... i did see that but i only put 3/4 of the 4 lbs in for now just so i don't get too much stabilizer in there .... i figure i will wait a week, retest and add more if needed.

Last year i started out with zero and added the amount to get to 30 and ended up between 40 and 50 so i figure maybe there was still some in the water that didn't register due to temp etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.